Slow progress

It was the week for everyone else to be unwell, so it only stands to reason that I would come down with something (different as nobody was infectious) on the weekend.  However some progress was made with...

The second last Celtic block has now been "fixed" so the applique is more then 1/4" from the edge.  I have unpicked one section of the applique of the last block and just need to stitch it back down today.  Part of the reason it has taken me so long is I find it too hard to see at night, particularly unpicking as Bea's stitches are so tiny.  The dressmakers chalk that she used to mark the pattern shows up well in the picture, but its alot fainter in reality.  However I do think I will try and carefully wash this block before I sew it to the rest.  I also unpicked the row that was the wrong way up, so it just needs machine stitching back together. 

And finally a picture of the place mats I made some time ago.  I was trying to get the lids on my scrap bins closed (they are sorted by colour) and decided that I HAD to use some up immediately.  There is one scrappy I spy mat for DS2, a red one for DS1, blue for DH and green for me, with a spare for guests. 
I used ugly/unwanted fabrics for the backs, pieced scraps of wadding together and used left over binding for a real scrappy look.  It was a good way to have a clean up and get some functional place mats very quickly.  I am sort of wishing I used some decorative stitches on some of the seams as well. These crazy place mats inspired some string pieced ones, but I don't have a photo to share handy, perhaps next week when I am feeling better.
Happy quilting, Sue.

2 comments:

  1. Dark colours are hard work on the eyes at night. The block is looking good. Very cute placemats and a great way to use up your scraps. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are spoon feeling better. I hate the thought of unpicking even in good light LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...