I dragged out the basket with Warm Regards and started by trimming one of the four corner appliqued blocks. Then sewed the Italian cross blocks around it.
I did another corner section, and then added a row onto the section of blocks that go in between.
I managed to get all the sides completed in one afternoon, which was good going as I had two lots of visitors. I was short about seven Italian cross blocks and my mother's arrival was a big help, as she helped me with the final colour layout and choosing colours for the last blocks.
The next step is to trim back the centre applique panel which is 20.5" square. Unfortunately I cut the background slightly larger, but it hasn't shrunk at all, despite all the applique. And when I drew a line as to where I had to trim back to, and another line for the seam allowance it was very evident that I was going to loose lots of appliqued leaves :(
SEW there is lots of unpicking and resewing that needs to occur next...needless to say, the centre panel is back in its basket, waiting for another day when I have the time and patience!
Dont worry I am keen to move this project along. I have given away quilts lately to family members and my much loved aunt choose the only quilt I had finished this year. Its new home is on the opposite side of the country (henced too far for it be safely returned for next years guild exhibition), so I need to get another finish in, so I have something to show!
Happy quilting Sue.