Fabric shopping spree

We had a long weekend camping trip to the beach in January and I managed to schedule some clothes shopping and more importantly fabric shopping!
My friend Ann owns Periwinkle Patchwork in Warrnambool and she has lots of lovely bright prints, but I hunted out a few reproductions and this gorgeous bird print...which I think it will become a bag.  I also got some bargains from her sale bin ($5 a metre if you brought the rest of the bolt!), which I don't have a photo of, but brought  a nice yellow and a blue tone on tone, which I will use in my charity quilts.  
Ann helped me pick out these modern prints, but I had to nominate the colours.  I was a bit stuck and so decided to stick to just two colours for my Plus quilt, along with some low volume backgrounds.  Bit excited about having some white/grey based low volumes as I have been admiring them from a distance in everyone else's quilt for a long time now!.   
Some of these French Generals came from Periwinkle and the others came from Elm Grove Patchwork  all of which will go towards finishing my Moonlight quilt - from the book Ann gifted me, A Cut Above by Gerri Robinson.
My long term love affair with reproductions has been tempered lately with the closing of two bricks and mortar stores.  I am not an online fabric shopper, I need to touch, feel and see in the daylight before I buy. So I had lots of fun at Elm Grove Patchwork, buying these bright reproductions for my Warm Regards quilt.    I will definitely be finding excuses to return to this shop, especially as she is not far from Warrnambool, which we love to visit anyway.
Happy quilting 

6 comments:

  1. I love your reproduction fabrics! There are no local shops near me that carry reproductions and I completely agree that you cannot shop for them online because the actual colors are much different on a monitor than they are when the show up in my mailbox. It's very disappointing. Can you tell me who the top pink fabric in your last picture is made by? I have the bottom one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shopping collection, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More and more shops in my area have severely cut back or gotten rid of their repro fabrics, claiming they just don't sell. Thankfully the shop just over the mountain still carries a good supply.
    Looks like you have collected many goodies in your recent shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    หนังเกาหลี

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...