Orange and blue friendship star cot quilt - flimsy finish

Another flimsy finish....only cot sized but I am still really pleased with it.  
Pleased because the blocks haven't languished in a corner for six months.  

But super pleased because I used up almost all of the left over strips to make a piano key border. And then found the perfect fabric in my stash to make the side borders.
I always feel pleased with myself when I make a quilt completely out of my stash!  And I even found in my deep dark stash enough novelty flannel left over from another quilt for the backing....its got diggers and trucks on it...so perfect for a little boy : )
Happy quilting Sue.

7 comments:

  1. lovely quilt - great feeling to use up what's in your stash....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute quilt, and I love the piano keys border. It's always nice to work on a stash buster; I've been trying that myself a bit today. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a delightful quilt. I like that you made do and have two different borders. It adds more interest. The diggers will make a great little boy's quilt. I know my grandsons love those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great, orange and blue go together beautifully, I have a pile of orange and blue whirligig blocks that need to be sewn together! Well done on your delightful finish today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Sue. That is a very satisfying feeling. And what a happy quilt you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the blue and orange together.................

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bright and very happy little quilt top for a lucky little person.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...