There has been an break in transmission from this blog, which is too boring to explain, but needless to say it involved kids, life and priorities.
While I have been off air I have hand stitched a few of my Dresden's down to the lovely mocha striped background I brought at Quilters Harvest in Warracknabeal. Three down, nine to go!
I also quilted this child's quilt with snugly flannel backing. I am just sewing the binding down. The biggest delay on this project was finding the perfect red for the binding...it's not perfect, but it will do and I don't think one small boy will care...so long as he gets it this weekend!
I have been waiting on a parcel from Ann at Periwinkle Patchwork. What I didn't expect was these lovely fabrics, scraps from her own scrap bag. I have dived in and started using them already as some of the colours were perfect for a WIP that needed a small push to finish.
I found this half started wall hanging (Reproduction Print Table Topper from American Patchwork Quilting website go HERE) when I was looking for something else. And because I wasn't in a mad rush/panic, I was able to calmly evaluate the problem (ignore the three extra flying geese made, just cut four rectangles and four squares) and get on with finishing the top. I am not so sure about the border print (only because I have used it on so many things) but it did need a dark colour and I have lots of this sweet brown Jo Morton print.
It took a while but I actually found the project I was looking for. It is 3/4's quilted now...now that I have had a chance to spend some time in the sewing room. But I will show you that on another post.
Happy quilting Sue.