LIttle red houses

My friend Ann helped me pick out some fabrics to get these house blocks together.  They have been orphaned for quite some time and I could not get them to look right in different settings. I don't think the contrast between the red houses and red star is ideal, but I am happy. 
I like the fact that it makes a nice wall hanging at this size.  There is a small temptation to make a pieced border.  I am still contemplating that.  With my "new" enlarged reproduction stash I could certainly find some nice reds to make a half square triangle border.  
There are still four houses to deal with - they are in the "negative" colour combination.  I think they will make a nice pillow.
Happy quilting, Sue. 
  

4 comments:

  1. So nice that those little orphans now have a "home". Turned out very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you found a way of using the blocks, too much work to just throw them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got creative and the houses worked out well. I think a little border would make a great frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have set these house blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Quilty progress

Despite the distractions of school holidays, work trips and feeding orphan lambs (while the real farmers in my family were away on holidays...