Framed Nine Patch Dolls Quilt

One of the tasks I have been busy with is making a sign to go on an A frame board, for my groups exhibition in early May.  I have made two of these "quilts" which was a great way to use up excess yellow homespun (from Hawthorn footy quilt) and more scrap wadding!  This just needs binding...I have done a lot of binding lately!
The framed nine patch dolls quilt (pattern from Quiltmania) has been finished....again I finished this a few weeks back but forgot to show you!  
I quilted it and quilted it and quilted some more!  It is 16.25" square and I attempted my first feather border.  They are very lame looking feathers, but practise makes perfect!  I would like to make this quilt again...but perhaps in less vibrant colours!

3 comments:

  1. Clever signs for the quilt show.
    The only way I found to improve on my feathers was to keep at them. Good for you!
    It is a cute piece. I like the vibrant colors! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely finished creations. Well done ! I think your feather border looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mini quilt Sue.... well done with the quilting....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Eurambeen garden tour

Eurambeen homestead like many original mansions had extensions during its life, which you can see clearly in this photo with the different ...