I have been lusting after a bag made out of denim, after seeing one on Pinterest, but until I could find DH discarded "DIY around the house" jeans ...I had to wait. But last week I finally got my hands on the jeans!
Because of the paint stains and threadbare knees I was unable to cut the pattern piece out on the fold.
Then I forgot to cut one piece in the reverse shape. So I ended up with a happy compromise of one quarter of the bag made from red shirting, which makes up for not having sufficient red shirting to make the bag lining. This is my new handbag and I am loving it!
I followed the long path to finding the tutorial and pattern (free) that the pinner used over here at
http://verypurpleperson.com/2010/04/making-reversible-bag/ the Very Purple Person blog.
On Monday I managed to put the last stitches in the binding on this kids cot quilt. I am very happy to mark this off my UFO list. I like split 9 patch, but it didn't come close to using up all my novelty fabric scraps, so I can see I am going to have to make another I spy quilt soon.
And I have been making progress on another UFO. I went from having 12 pinwheel blocks from my farm yard print jelly roll....
...to the correct total of 20. Now I just need to unpick one block as it is wonky and find a suitable sashing. I do have some chicken wire print fabric, but decided it was too busy. I might have to hit the shops ; )
My mini red baskets have stalled at five. I need to buy some different reds in reproduction prints. Hmm definitely need to hit the shops!
Our little orchard has been producing lots of fruit which has been
interrupting my sewing time keeping me busy, so I was determined to pick the plums and give them all away. We ran out of bird netting, so only half of the tree had any fruit on it. I gave one bucket to the previous owners, as she wanted to stew some.
The other two buckets went to a patchworking friends mother...who was delighted to receive them and made me this delicious cake as a thank you...how nice is that :)
Happy quilting, Sue.