Maths is my friend

All weekend I pondered what I could show you...but I hadn't done any sewing!  Then I managed to find time to cut out some diamonds for my next  seven sisters block.
 Then I remembered I hadn't told you that Wednesday night my generous friends at After Dark Quilters had pointed out there were buttons on sale...we sew in a church hall along side their op shop... so I got the three packets of coloured buttons for $3.  At Thursday Craft, I got the white buttons off the honesty table for $2...I can see more button necklaces in the near future!
 Also from Thursday craft I got this vintage fabric, it is silver, black and gold, which are not my usual colours.  I am not really sure why I love this fabric, but I can see it in my house, so it also came home with me. 
 Then I remembered that you hadn't seen the completed final block for the Celtic Quilt.  I need to borrow a very large square, so I can now square the blocks up, before joining them. 


Then because " all good things come to those who wait "... I managed to get quite a bit of sewing time in today...despite DS2 being sick... just had to fit in some cleaning first!  Ah, maths is once again my friend...it worked!!! I had to make a few more 1" squares today, but got there in the end.  This top is now so big I had to resort to the clothesline for a photo...don't know why I haven't done this before, as it works so well.  Well except it is sideways, but you get the idea.  I am going fabric hunting tomorrow for border/binding fabric, so I can finish this quilt asap.  Then while it is at the quilters I will be able to get my head around the maths for the Celtic quilt...all those setting triangles!
Happy quilting, Sue SA.

5 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great. I love how the squares set it off. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt and the celtic one will look stunning all set on point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Sue, had a good look around your blog this morning....I lost my connection a while ago and quite a few blogs got lost under my radar!!! Love the celtic (on my want to do list) and your large green one in the blocks is just stunning.... as a fan of wool I loved the Wagga's... I must look out for some suits!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beaut buttons, fab fabric, celebrate celtic & fantastic finish (quilt top). Go Sue! Happy shopping for your border/binding fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Irish quilt is wonderful! The design is great and I love your choice of colours. I can't find your email address so you'll have to follow the link to my blog. Thanks for a great afternoon! Hope I can get over to you some time soon.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Red and Cream quilt at Christmas time, not for Christmas!

The lovely Ann from Periwinkle Patchwork gave me this book back in May.  I have read it several times and changed my mind about which quilt...