Another productive weekend, helped along by attending "all day sewing" on Saturday with my patchwork group. I had not given much time to thinking about what I would work on until Friday night, then it was a case of panic! But because I had finished so much lately I decided to stick to my guns and complete some more pesky UFOs.
This attic windows animal quilt I had previously pinned, started quilting and then got distracted. I have just added this quilt, its mate and my new project (hexagons) into my WIP list, not sure why it wasnt up there already. I had left over window frame pieces from previous attic windows quilts, so this animal verison and another transport top were created.
So on Saturday I/we pinned three table runners (two were mine), one attic windows (transport) cot quilt and one large lap quilt (fellow quilters first quilt). I felt really good about this, but alas no pictures as yet. So fest your eyes on this, "one I prepared earlier"! I am only sorry I dont have a close up picture of the quilting.
I had neglected to mention that I had finished this Tumbling Blocks cot quilt some months back, during my blogging black hole period. I completed the top in a class with Lessa Siegele in May (?2008 -I wrote the date on my class notes but not the year!) but never got around to quilting it. Following my quilting lessons earlier in the year with Lorraine Cocker I was all fired up and needed something to let loose on!
Important HINT and "note to self", never neglect to attach a label IMMEDIATELY once the quilting is completed. Because when I went to write the label for this quilt I realised that I couldnt remember what type of batting I had used. I am hoping I can tell when I unpick a corner of the binding. If you are asking "why?" this is so important = the type of wadding used is important in how I wash my quilts. And because its a cot quilt and will be washed alot, I dont want it to shrink/felt/fall apart all because I put the wrong washing instructions on it.
For the rest of Saturday I did some free motion quilting around the animals on attic windows cot quilt, some of which I unpicked today. However Sunday I managed to get the rest of the quilting done and the binding cut out, which went on today. I also quilted the Art to Heart Harvest Table runner but it still needs some attention. In the pattern some of the applique goes over the top of the binding - a good idea if you follow the pattern and do raw edge machine applique, not great if you decide to needle turn! I started this table runner while I was on maternity leave waiting for my eldest son to be born and he was late! I thought that I was smart by picking a small project, especially as it was hand work, but ever since I have delayed completing it, fooling myself into thinking I would hand quilt it one day! I am so never ever going to hand quilt anything now I have the hang of free motion quilting. Not that I am very good, but practise makes perfect, so I am going to be practising on all my UFOs!
Happy quilting Sue SA.