Family holiday


This is a bag I made for a friends birthday back in February but forgot to include on my list of finished projects. It is my own design and I had a lot of fun making it (and its six prototypes!), this being the last version, as it has a magnetic snap flap to keep it closed (bit hard to see with print). It also has two interal pockets, but didnt think to take a photo of them. I have been on the look out for new fabric to make myself one, but think I am just going to buy some more of this funky print - not my usual colour choice, but it has been growing on me.

Stenhouse Bay jetty, at the bottom end of the Yorke Pennisular (South Australia), where we took a family holiday in late April. Such a beautiful part of Australia.


The boys are so cute when they hold hands!

A friend recently told me that when you have children "the days are long, but the years are short". Well I couldnt agree more! However the kids are not to blame for my lack of posts but my husband is, as he keeps going away and taking his work lap top with him, it is so inconsiderate! I have some nearly finished UFO's to show you soon, just need to sew down bindings and take photos, hopefully before this month disappears. Happy quilting, Sue.

3 comments:

  1. I think the bag looks great and I agree the Yorke Peninsular is a very pretty place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the funky fabric you have used in your bag. Your own pattern too! Way to go. Glad you had a nice holiday. What happened to the prototypes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely bag. I spent ever summer of my childhood at Pondalowie Bay. It is such a nice part of SA. Enjoy your boys because soon they will be grown up my baby will be 21 this week where did all the years go.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...