Beautiful Blogger Award



The rules of accepting this award are;


1. Thank the person who gave you this award:

Dear Karen from Sewing Tales, this was a lovely surprise and a beautiful gesture. I apologies for the delay in posting about this award, but this is not a reflection of my lack of appreciation! Your blog inspires me and your advice about blogging has enabled me to become a blogger - you rock!


2. Share 7 things about yourself:


  • I am addicted to fabric, my sewing machine and all things quilty.

  • I aspire to have my designs published...one day.

  • I owe my patchworks skills to the ladies of the Horsham Patchwork Quilters (Vic), who taught me "how to" patchwork and quilt.

  • I survived a interstate move to Sydney (and a wedding and baby all within 2 years) because of the Eastwood Quilters, Hunters Hill Quilters, the Quilters Guild of NSW (and in particular the girls from Community Quilts), who provided me with patchwork friendships and hours of quilty fun.

  • My ongoing sanity (as a stay at home Mum to 2 preschoolers) is thanks to the friendships and hours of quilty fun with the After Dark Quilters (SA), where I can "switch off", relax with some sewing or seek advice for my quilting problems.

  • My blog title came from a friends DH who use to say she was going to "The House of Patchwork" or to see "Mother Patchwork", when she was heading out to stitch with me. At the time I was neither a mother or a wife, but I did own a house with a dedicated sewing room!

  • I feel obliged to try and convert non quilters to my world. I have a few successful converts, including my mother, a former Sydney workmate of my DH and some girlfriends. I aim for a quilting sister in law if my brothers ever marry.
3. Pass the award onto five bloggers who you have recently discovered and think are fantastic!
OK I have a small issue with finding 5 new bloggers, given my recent decision to reduce blogging time, because it was impacting on my sewing (and family) time. SO I have just nominated two blogs that I have been following since I discovered blogging;

Keryn of Quilting Twin blog posts the most beautiful pictures of her quilts (including in progress shots which I love) and her customers quilts, is a prolific patchworker, plus owns up to her fabric addiction and is keeping a tally of fabric brought and used - brave lady!'

Leanne from The Stitching Room posts fantastic pictures of ... everything, her scenery shots are inspiring/gorgeous and her stitching is beautiful also!

Both of these blogs are local and include great photography, so promote the fantastic place that I now call home (South Australia) and patchworking - congratulations!

4. Contact the bloggers you have picked and let them know about the award.

Happy quilting, Sue.
PS spell checker doesnt like "quilty" but I am sure that it is a word, even if I just made it up!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue,
    Thanks for the award and for your lovely comments it's always nice to find fellow SA bloggers.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...