Piecing in Robe

Last weekend I had three nights in Robe with my interstate stitching friends and we had a very productive time.  My phone would only cope with sending a few of the photos I took, so this is part 1 of the fun!  Stacy finished piecing this cat quilt top, using up novelty prints.  
Therese pieced this top using a cute Christmas panel - think it was from Anni Downs?  She had matching fabric lines and there was lots of math conversations about best sized blocks etc, luckily multiple heads are better than one!
Stacy worked long into the night piecing flippy triangles on this quilt, in an attempt to use up her stash of plaid.  She and Therese also had a lesson on making a shirt to fit your shape from Elaine.
Lisa gifted me 3/4 of a layer cake (she had made a cot quilt from the rest) to use in a charity quilt.  I thought this Moda Love pattern might be a good chance to us it as well as some of the hot pink fabric I had brought on sale!  Ironically Elaine had brought some left over charm squares from the same fabric line, which got pieced into four patches. And then I had some yellows that filled in the gaps.   Very happy with the result, it was quick to make but its very big though and not sure how I will quilt it!    Next time I might try making it with 7.5" squares instead of 9.5".   
My other project was using the fabric I brought from Periwinkle Patchwork to make a modern plus quilt.  I love the aqua and red together, but would like to make one more block so I can make the top in a 4 x 4 setting  I made a cutting mistake and have run out of background fabric, so I will have to buy a bit more before I can piece the last block and sew it all together.
There was lots of laughs over the weekend and lots more sewing then is shown here and possibly enough photos for another post next week!
Happy quilting Sue.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun.
    I have always wanted to do that plaid quilt with the stars. So cozy looking.
    Your Moda Love is beautiful. I have this pattern all cut and ready to start sewing the HSTs. I used yardage instead of a layer cake. I think it is a great pattern for many reasons--quickly sews up, but has a very pretty design. And if you want to feature pretty fabrics, you have enough large areas for them to shine.
    Oh, too bad you have to go shopping just to make one more block. Such a shame you have to go back to a quilt shop. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone was motivated and focused. When your post title said piecing in robe, I thought you most have been sewing long into the night with your PJ's and robe! Heehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. retreats are always the best fun.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled upon your blog post about "Piecing in Robe," and I must say it was a delightful read! Your passion for patchwork shines through, and I enjoyed following your creative process.
    can a walmart gift card be used for gas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your quilting journey. Looking forward to more of your patchwork adventures!
    how to use discount code on nintendo eshop

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I love how this blog combines a personal touch with expert advice. It feels like I'm having a conversation with a friend who happens to be an expert in the field. Thanks for making learning so enjoyable!"
    https://www.aintpayingfull.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I want to express my admiration for the consistent quality of the visuals accompanying the content. Whether it's infographics, charts, or images, they enhance understanding and engagement. Thank you for recognizing the power of visual elements in effective communication!"
    https://tryvoucher.com/

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...