A new mini quilt

I thought I would cheat and show you the progress shots (to pad out this post), as I made this quilt.
 But the truth is, it was quick to make, hence I did show them on Instagram, but this little pretty is done and dusted now!
Besides the clarity in this shot is way better then the progress ones!
Another mini finish from my Jo Morton book "Jo's Little Favorites".  This pattern is called Cabin Corners and combines log cabin blocks with courthouse step blocks.  I don't remember making courthouse step blocks before, but they were fun. I have also never been a huge low volume fan, but I enjoyed the challenge here.
A "nearly at the end" progress shot, this is the quilt my Mum started at Patchwork camp a few weeks ago, 
and she has since finished all the blocks and sewn them up. I think she is planning on a thin cream border though on the edge, so really nearly a "flimsy finish".
The pattern was purchased at Periwinkle Patchwork, but the name of the pattern maker or pattern eludes me.
Happy quilting Sue.

6 comments:

  1. Your miniature quilt is lovely! I've just found out I need to make a miniature for our quilt show in about 6 weeks.

    I haven't seen the pattern your Mum is making before. It looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilt look great, well done again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little shirting fabrics are perfect for the mini quilt and the blocks. It creates a sweet vintage look. Your mom's quilt is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little mini quilt... and your mum's quilt is stunning too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mini quilt, It's adorable. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...