Piecing in Portland 3

Vicki brought new and old projects to work on.  
This is a Sew Kind of Wonderful pattern using their curved ruler.
Vicki had started the wedding ring on a previously sewing weekend with us in Bordertown.  So it was very appropriate that she got to finish the top in Portland.  
Vicki continued with the curved theme and started making this modern masterpiece using her curved ruler.
Which grew from a few blocks to this!
It is as stunning as the local scenery.
Portland, Victoria, Australia.
Mum used my Go Cutter to cut the stripes for these Courthouse Steps blocks.  She has a great collection of Kaffe Fassett fabric and chose to work in this bright red tone with shades of pink and orange.  A few more new fabrics from Periwinkle Patchwork were purchased especially for this quilt, but work was slow going as you have to plan which colour is going where, so it all matches.  It is a clever pattern, but you need to have your thinking cap on when you make these blocks.   
Happy quilting Sue.

4 comments:

  1. That second quilt of curves make such a bold, dramatic statement.
    I'm afraid I would just stand outside and stare at the beauty.
    I really like Courthouse steps arranged in the way your Mom is making it. But I have always felt like I would be too inclined to mess up fabric placement, so I haven't tried making it. This one is very pretty with its unique color combo. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondeful projects! And a beautiful place to be stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all lovely but i especially like the shades your mum is using
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' those Courthouse Steps!

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...